Sunday, 3 November 2013

MAXFACTOR Whipped Cream Foundation Review

I first swatched this Maxfactor Whipped Cream Foundation at the Merry Hill Autumn/Winter Event. It was based on the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation but better. 


The Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse was one of the first foundations I can remember using at school. I'm pretty sure that it probably made me orange and broke me out but I carried on using it anyway. Maxfactor wanted to create a mousse foundation but overcome the downfalls of Maybelline. 
Maxfactor have made their mousse hydrating which was a problem with Maybelline as it was drying and cakey. 


On first impressions the texture was really nice and I originally swatched the ivory shade. Straight after the event, me and Clare went to Superdrug and Clare picked it up straight away and managed to get it on offer at £7.99 rather than it's retail price of £9.99.

I went home and tried a few sachet samples that I had of it over the next couple of days. Then, I was sold and ended up going to Boot's to buy it. The sachets that I tried were in the shade 50 natural so I decided to try that one. 

It has a demi-matte finish and is actually really buildable which is good, especially if you prefer a high coverage foundation. I've been applying it with my fingers and it does feel weightless on the skin.

Have you tried this foundation?

xxxx
Tasha

1 comment:

  1. I tried this at the Merry Hill event too and loved it, much better than the Maybelline one, which like you said, dries the skin out. I'm going to purchase the full size one when my current foundation runs out :) x

    ReplyDelete