Sunday, 20 October 2013

Origins GinZing - All is Bright

Origins are a brand that are currently getting raved about all over the blogging world and i've finally joined the hype. After trying a sample of the GinZing Moisturiser at the Merry Hill A/W event, I knew I had to have it. 

What I didn't realise was how very few places actually stock Origins products. As I have problem skin, I was also desperate to try the Out of Trouble Face Mask. The hard bit; tracking it down! All the online sites that I went on were sold out of the face mask and I didn't want to pay delivery on just the moisturiser so then, I started looking for my nearest stockist. The closest Boots to me that stock Origins is Merry Hill which is a bit too far to go so I went to House of Fraser in Birmingham. 

The lady at the counter was really nice and said I would be very lucky if I was to find the Out of Trouble Mask anywhere. Booo! So if anyone knows where I can get hold of one, please let me know!


Rather than pick up the GinZing moisturiser alone, I had a look at the Christmas gifts. There are definitely some great savings to be had by picking up a gift set. A lot of them contain the Drink UP Intensive Mask which I think would be too intense for my skin, but they're all at a really good price.


I chose the Origins All Is Bright set for £30

This contains: 

  • GinZing Refreshing eye cream to brighten and depuff 5ml
  • GinZing Energy-boosting moisturizer 30ml
  • GinZing Brightening mascara to lengthen and lift 14ml
  • GinZing Brightening cream eyeshadow in Sugar Peach 5ml
50ml of the GinZing moisturiser alone is £23 and 15ml of the eye cream is £23, so I'm pleased with this set as they are a good size to try out without having to buy the full sized products straight away. 

The moisturiser smells delicious like oranges and I can definitely see it waking me up in a morning. It is referred to as 'a shot of espresso for tired skin'. It is a lightweight, oil free formula that hydrates an creates a radiant glow. 

Update: I've used this for about a week now and so far i'm loving it! The moisturiser absorbs quickly and is a nice texture and hasn't caused any issues with my sensitive skin. The eye cream definitely brightens the eye area and you only need the tiniest amount. However, it stings if you get it in your eye! Ooops!

The cream eyeshadow is a shimmery champagne colour that you can't go wrong with and it'll be interesting to give the mascara a go as I haven't heard anything about Origins make up line before.

What do you think about the Origins range?

xxxx
Tasha







No comments:

Post a Comment