Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Glossybox 2nd Birthday Beauty Box

Glossybox has turned 2 and I've received every box apart from one so that 23 boxes and a fair amount of money! 


This month's packaging is extra pretty!


Products:

Headline Colors Nail Varnish
Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Waterproof Mascara
Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner
Awapuhi Wild Ginger Shine Spray
Beautiful Movements Primer


For a birthday box, I was expecting better. The Glossybox nail files were a cute addition and the Green & Black's chocolate bar for having been subscribed for over a year was nice.

 I could happily not use anything in the box this month apart from the Jelly Pong Pong mascara which I was happy to receive. I'm pleased with the mascara as I needed a waterproof mascara to take on holiday, I have a whole tub of unopened mascaras but none of them happen to be waterproof!

Normally, i'd say that they couldn't go wrong with nail varnish but it's summer now and i'm definitely not wanting a dark grey metal shade at the moment.

Eyeliner wise, I always use pencil or gel and have never managed to hack liquid application. I have actually had this before but threw it away as it dried up.

Shine spray isn't something I reach for and I have plenty in my collection already so this is just another bottle.

The primer pot is tiny but i'll give it a go at some point. I'm less likely to use a product if it comes in a clear pot.



I've put off posting this review as it's not the most positive. I'm sure some of you would love to have the products in this box but they're just not right for me. I've seen some of the other versions of this box and    I would've preferred some of those products. 

I love Glossybox and after 23 boxes, I've definitely been a loyal subscriber. I love receiving the parcel in the post to see what surprises lie in store but i'm starting to think for £12.95 a month, I could buy one product that I actually want and will use. (It's almost a MAC lipstick a month aha)

I'm not going to unsubscribe at the moment but I do hope that it gets better!

xxxx
Tasha


1 comment: